- Austin’s Beauty College has signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Austin’s Beauty College has received $177,047.00 from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- $90,000.00 has been distributed to students as of 9/30/2020.
- 90 students are or could be eligible to participate in the Federal student financial aid programs under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, and thus are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- All 90 students have received the Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act
- Austin’s Beauty College distributed monies to all students enrolled and attending school between March 18th and June 1st, if they were eligible for Title 4 funding.
- Students were instructed to complete their FAFSA if they have not already done so to see if they were eligible for Title IV. They were instructed that checks would be mailed to eligible students with 14 days of the determination. They could also contact the school’s financial aid department with questions and concerns. Some students also chose to pick up their checks in person instead of having them mailed.